D&C 88: 125 And above all things, clothe yourselves with the bond of acharity, as with a mantle, which is the bond of perfectness and bpeace.
Quote from my Dad, forgive me dad if its not 100% accurate, but it holds the truth and meaning all the same:
"This is the only time in your life that life will be so simple. You don't have to worry about where you're going to start a family. You don't have to worry about the career path that will determine your life. All you have to worry about right now, is your mission. Right now you know what God wants, and that's all you have to focus on!
"The mantle of a missionary is amazing. Not to be cocky, but you will truly feel untouchable. Sure, you may get hurt, but your purpose is so beautifully clear."
I've recently got a lot of those type of comments from leaders. Brother Eastmond, my missionary prep teacher, also talked about the mantle of a missionary. With tears in his eyes, he described what kind of emptiness can come upon your when that mantle is lifted, and you are no longer God's missionary. My dad also teared up when he described this to me.
Does this have anything to do with the awkwardness that surrounds newly returned missionaries? who knows hahaha.
My Dad also talked about the importance of moving on past your mission once your home. Like this kinda weird guy I met at Reed Charles homecoming. He was a nice guy, but he was so intent on starting a new family that he had began to see tunnel vision. There is still a world. Family is beautiful, but I've seen the consequences and depression that can come upon people that get married before they're ready.
There are parts of God's kingdom that I will never understand, and I doubt I will be ready for something as holy and sacred as marriage when I'm only as young as 21. I've already fallen in love with another girl, and this time she's sixteen. What the? How can I trust my heart when it comes to love? I fear I'm going to be a virgin my entire life.
I refuse to get married in the temple simply because its tradition. What do I mean by that? Like Cody Sampson. He got married right out of high school, in the temple. If he truly had the faith to believe in an eternal marriage through God's priesthood, how could he not procrastinate that marriage to fulfill the commandment of a mission? I do not condemn this holy decision, I simply refuse to get married for time and eternity simply because I feel like "its time" or "I'm so deeply in love" or "I'm horny" etc. I need something that is real love. I will not live my life unhappily. This is something I am determined to live out.
This life is an adventure, and this time before my mission I have only to prepare for my mission and build my dreams up for when I come home.
OH and by the way, I'm in love. Did I mention that?
No comments:
Post a Comment