I’m going to form habits. This will require 66 days at
least. I’m going to follow the Word of
Wisdom and some Buddhist ideas on what it means to have control of the
body. Then, when I’ve figured out what
guidelines I’m going to follow, I will stick to them for the determined amount
of time, and will then try to further my spiritual progression once I’ve
reached a habituated body that’s no longer overwhelmed by the needs.
I don’t
want to worry about my bodily needs; there are more important things to do with
my time. Nevertheless, it is a problem that I need to fix if I want to move on. It’s essential to master this to be an
effective missionary. D&C 84:
80 And any man that
shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful
in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body,
limb, nor joint; and a chair of his head shall not fall to the ground
unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst.
81 Therefore, take ye
no thought for the morrow, for what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, or
wherewithal ye shall be clothed.
82 For, consider the lilies of the field, how
they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin; and the kingdoms of the world,
in all their glory, are not arrayed like one of these.
83 For your Father, who is in heaven, knoweth
that you have need of all these things.
84 Therefore, let the morrow take thought for
the things of itself.
D&C 89:
Did you see that?! That's exactly what I'm looking for! I wonder what kind of mysteries its talking about. Oh well, I'll find out. I'm freaking excited! I hope the act of forming strong habits will be enough to start this process.
D&C 89:
18 And
all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to
the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;
19 And shall find wisdom and great treasures
of knowledge, even hidden treasures;
20 And shall run and not be weary, and shall
walk and not faint.
21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise,
that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and
not slay them. Amen.
Did you see that?! That's exactly what I'm looking for! I wonder what kind of mysteries its talking about. Oh well, I'll find out. I'm freaking excited! I hope the act of forming strong habits will be enough to start this process.
No comments:
Post a Comment