"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
Or in other words: you will harvest what you plant (I just looked up the definitions to reap and sow haha.)
That "reaping what you sow" concept is called Karma in Hinduism and Buddhism. Imagine everything bad you've ever done piling up and never going away until you've paid the price for it. Thats the way life is. Either you pile up good karma or bad karma.
Jesus Christ is the exception to the rule.
What do I sow?
Well, today, I may have been fired from a good job. Honest hours, a good paid days work, and a weekly paycheck.
But, just like my other jobs, after a certain amount of time I felt it was not enough. This world will never fill my appetite. What is my appetite exactly? What seeds do I want to plant?
Well I know perfectly well what I want, but what have I been planting? One of the most essential parts of growing is accepting weakness. Pride may blind me, but I hope I can eat it by the spoonful (ever heard swallow your pride? Well I just took it to the level of chomping.) I'm going to take a look at my life and what kind of seeds I'm planting.
No comments:
Post a Comment