I'm not just doing these things to be an effective missionary. I dream of an amazing life, and its something I want more than anything. A life with meaning and exploration and experience. Minimizing idle time is my ultimate goal I think, and I want to enjoy it. So in the back of my mind I have one of the Lords promises in my head:
Jacob 2:19 And after ye have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches, if ye seek them; and ye will seek them for the intent to do
good—to clothe the naked, and to feed the hungry, and to liberate the
captive, and administer relief to the sick and the afflicted.
I love this promise because I believe focusing too much on work can be one of those things that takes up our time that we could be growing! Valuable lessons come from work, but there is a greater work to be done among God's children. At least in my life, right now I need to focus on is a mission and preparing for one. What I luxurious blessing it is for me, for I'm only beginning to dig into this gospel, and I'm loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment