Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Decisions Determine Destiny

     My last journal is filled up. Meanwhile I'm using an app on my phone and today the phone just won't cut it. Today my journal is THESEARCHINGQUEST, the blog I started in highschool.

     All day I've been talking to old people. Its my first day as a life insurance broker. Old people appreciate a good conversation The joy of service fills my day when I listen to their wisdom and stories, and random babbling about politics.

     When I'm old, looking back on life, what really mattered? Most people live like the world is watching.  People driving in their cars, lost in their own busywork. Does accomplishing a "to-do" list mean something?

     I think about God creating the world. He made the whole world! Yet, somehow that doesn't mean anything, if I forget why he made it.

    Tonight, as dramatic as it is, I want to decide who I want to be. There is no Rocket-scientist basketball player accountant. We choose what measure we are going to fill. "Jack of all trades, but master of none." is the statement of a failure, because I was never excellent at anything.

     The world has a lot of distractions. Each distraction can be filtered out by a dream. In Buddhism, mindfulness is accomplished as we focus our energy on the present moment. It doesn't matter what it is, so we might as well choose what we like (within righteous limits). Then we accomplish an enhanced sensibility to the spirit. That is a Buddhist Teaching (see The Heart of Buddha's Teachings, chapter 11).  

     If I focus on my main talents, and magnify them, then I will have many talents. It will take time. At these early stages of my adult life, there is only time to build a foundation.

     My best talents: Patience, Public Speaking, Snowboarding, Writing, Gospel Thinking and Conversation.
     My desired talents: guitar, skateboarding, dancing, singing
     Things I like: Short Films, Dating, Quality Movies, Reading, Movie Making, Youtube Research.



No comments:

Post a Comment