Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pre-Mission

  I'm about to go on a mission to Chile vina del mar! Awesome!
 
About a month ago Sister Ingersol, a primary leader, asked me to bear my testimony. My first reaction was: I need at least a couple days to prepare for this. But, of course I kept to the code, and told her I’d help her out with sharing time. Twenty minutes later, after her loving introduction, I walked to the front of about forty kids of ages 7-11. All you need to know, is that the words Radical and Dude were involved.  I sat down, red faced and embarrassed. Then I looked over and realized sister Ingersol was tearing up. That built a testimony for me that day in the atonement of Jesus Christ.  Despite my weaknesses, God somehow used me as an instrument of the spirit to touch someone’s heart. I just had to be willing to get out of my comfort zone.  

 World Religions are amazing, and as diverse as the people who live them.
Do I go out into the world to tell these people how to live? That seems a little self-righteous.
My job isn't to teach my doctrine. In the mail I received a piece of paper with a personalized photocopy of Thomas S. Monson's signature. It was a calling to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ: repentance, baptism, and faith in Jesus Christ.

 "It may seem to some to be a very bold doctrine that we talk of...the powers of the Holy Priesthood. For him to whom these keys are given there is no difficulty in obtaining a knowledge of facts in relation to the salvation of the children of men, both as well for the dead as for the living." (D&C 128:9-11)

Dear World, I'm not here to take away the good you have. I want to build and be a part of a community of people who are looking for righteousness, which is happiness. When there are questions, let us look for the answers.
Gordon B. Hinckley — There are few things more pathetic than those who have lost their curiosity and sense of adventure, and who no longer care to learn.

  I'm preparing to give a farewell talk to a bunch of good people. I'm nervous, oh yeah. But afraid? With real faith there's no room for fear. (I'm giving myself motivation here.) This is no new message: Come unto Christ.
“In the great Composer’s symphony, you have your own particular part to play—your own notes to sing. Fail to perform them, and with certainty the symphony will go on. But if you rise up and join the chorus and allow the power of God to work through you, you will see “the windows of heaven” open, and He will “pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” -Dieter F Uchtdorf.

           To the hearts I've broken, I'm sorry. To those who I let down, I'm sorry. To anyone who needs it, I forgive you. I want to be a better man. That's all I've got.

Now its between me and God. Next Sunday, and for the next two years, Christ is working through me. Do you feel the Holy Ghost yet? or do I need to knock on your door?

No comments:

Post a Comment