"The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of rightousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever." D&C 121: 46
Compulsory definition: Required by law or a rule; obligatory....Involving or exercising compulsion; coercive.
Compulsion defintion: The action or state of forcing or being forced to do something.
Don't feel like its an obligation. Serving the Lord and living life to the fullest is a natural and divine attribute. It is a part of a nature as embryonic gods to desire to grow. I'm only starting to learn how to separate myself from so many of the extrinsic values of the world, because I'm realizing how temporary, unstable, and unfulfilling (and quite boring) these values are. The world and its definition of success depresses me. As I further my education in the gospel and the truths of the testimonies of its valiant members, I'm finding myself happier and motivated.
I'm stoked to find out how all the good things in this world are so interconnected. Things like love, peace, nobleness, discipline, happiness, faith, virtue, knowledge, patience, hope... All these amazing things pump ambition and hope into my heart. I'm so thankful for the atonement of Christ for saving me from destroying devices that is sin. Otherwise none of these values would mean anything to me, and I would spend the rest of my existence in a shallow attempt to get the next "high" or comfortableness.
No comments:
Post a Comment